For this week’s Greek recipe I went back to an oldie but a goodie. And on this first day of summer, what better treat than fresh watermelon and feta salad!
The recipe can be easily adapted to include other seasonal items such as arugula and onion. And I have even tried it with balsamic vinegar instead of the citrus. You can easily experiment with the acid in this recipe. Enjoy!
Watermelon and Feta Salad
- 2 cups Watermelon, cut in large slices
- 4 oz Feta cheese (spring for the quality stuff like Dodoni for this recipe, it’s worth it!)
- Fresh squeezed lemon or orange juice, about 2 tbsp
- Sea salt
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (from Kalamata olives preferred!)
Place the watermelon on a serving platter. Top with feta cheese, crumble or leave in large chunks. Drizzle the fresh squeezed citrus over them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh mint leaves. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Serve and enjoy!